Skip to Main Content
DML Policies & Procedure
- iPads are available for checkout at the Information Services Desk, Monday thru Friday (8am to 6pm). iPads should be returned to the Information Services Desk. They can also be returned in the book drop when the IS desk is closed.
- GUMC/MGUH patrons must present their GoCard/ MGUH ID to check out an iPad.
- Dahlgren currently has the iPad Air 2 and iPad mini (5th generation).
- Each iPad is checked out with an accompanying accessory bundle. The bundle includes a protective carrying case, a USB power adaptor, and a lightning to USB cable.
- GUMC/MGUH patrons must sign the iPad agreement form before checking the device out.
- The iPad can sync the device to a computer/laptop.
- GUMC/MGUH patrons are able to download apps with a personal Apple ID / Credit Card.
- Individuals that borrow the DML iPad must follow the Georgetown Computer Systems Acceptable Use policy when using the devices.
- iPads are available on a first come, first serve basis. They cannot be held for patrons, reserved online, or checked out to a patron account ahead of the patron's arrival at the Information Services Desk.
- iPads check out for one week, with no renewals. Patrons can only check out one iPad at a time.
- GUMC/MGUH patron must sign into their Apple ID to install other apps. Please click on the User Guide tab.
- Overdue fines are $10.00 per hour, with a $499 fine for any iPad that is lost, stolen, damaged beyond repair, or not returned.
- If an item is brought back to the library missing items (adaptor, USB cable, or carrying case), the iPad will not be checked in until all items have been returned. If any pieces are lost, GUMC/MGUH patron will be charged replacement costs.
- Charges for damage will be assessed based on repair cost.
- When returning the iPad, please remove all personal information from the device. Please refer to the iPad User Guide tab on how to remove your information.